Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What anime series are you watching lately?

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

As for me, not many, but here are the few I've been watching recently:

• One Piece
  • Yu Yu Hakusho
  • Usagi Drop
  • Bloodivores (started yesterday)
  • "Haikyu!!" (might start season 3 today)

I would like to see more. What are you guys watching lately?

I imagine dragonecc is watching "Keijo!!!!!!!!" lol

Chill D likes this

Posted · Report post

Instarted Yakitate!! Japan. Not bad. Kind of cool and annoying at the same time. I am still watching Shirokuma Cafe. I take my time with that show. And I am desperately waiting for new seasons of Attack on Titan and Shokugeki no Soma

Posted · Report post

Ah, Yakitate. They go really insane with the flavor reactions in the competitions. I couldn't resist eating bread while watching the show. lol

Shirokuma Cafe is a really nice and relaxing show. It's really not for everyone as it's formula is a bit repetitive.

Have you watched "Hajime no Ippo" (original first season)? Not sure if you've seen it, but it's an amazing show that you might like.

Posted · Report post

Did watch hajime no ippo. I finished the first season. Then waited too long between season 1 and 2 and lost the appetite to keep on watching.

If you liked Yakitate, go watch shokugeki no soma (food wars in English). It is about food in general, not just bread. Amazing orgasmic food reactions in that show

Posted (edited) · Report post

I want more miss Kobayashi's dragon maid seasons...maybe we could get one dragon maid for ChillD ????

Edited by dragonecc

Posted · Report post

We've been watching mostly J-drama such as Samurai Gourmet (Netflix), Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories (Netflix), Dinner (Crunchyroll), and Galileo (Crunchyroll). Surprisingly, all of them are about food except Galileo. Overall, all of them were great, very enjoyable shows.

As for the topic, which is about anime, we've started watching the second seasons of Attack on Titan (Crunchyroll) and My Hero Academia (Crunchyroll). There's also Tsuki ga kirei (Crunchyroll) which we watch from time to time. Nothing special. We had let One Piece and other series accumulate a little since the wait for one episode a week is overkill.

I had linked all the series I've mentioned in case anyone is interested.

Posted · Report post

Oh man, I seen Galileo is great drama, too bad is no longer the same.  Was it second season that the main girl was switch over to a new girl, and I don't think the chemistry between the characters is there.  

On topic, I also started to watch the season two of Attack on Titan... I been curious on My Hero Academia, is it good?

Posted · Report post

I am enjoying Samurai Gourmet... Don't know if my wife enjoys it as much as I do. Still slowly watching Yakitate Japan and Shirokuma Cafe. Only 5 more episodes left with panda kun and penguin san

Posted · Report post

Oh man, I seen Galileo is great drama, too bad is no longer the same.  Was it second season that the main girl was switch over to a new girl, and I don't think the chemistry between the characters is there. 

Yeah, I heard that and it really saddens me. The first season was great.

I been curious on My Hero Academia, is it good?

It's not the best anime this season, however, it's different and interesting enough to consider a watch. It's basically your standard Shounen anime with American comic book hero inspiration.

I am enjoying Samurai Gourmet... Don't know if my wife enjoys it as much as I do.

It was worth a watch. It's slow-paced, but it made my dinner time very enjoyable. I really enjoyed his inner samurai. You can see the contrast between modern and previous generation Japanese. The courage to say what you really thought.

Only 5 more episodes left with panda kun and penguin san

I didn't want this anime to end. I also took it really slow, one episode every once in a while. All the characters were so memorable. I still remember the first OP song. Such a catchy tune.

rd7UbXc.jpg

gHaLpKP.jpg

K7NWQRs.jpg

Chill D likes this

Posted · Report post

Aww now I want to watch Shirokuma cafe again :( I loved that anime. 

Samurai gourmet was great, Midnight diner was my fav between the two :P I enjoyed the random stories combined with the different foods. 

mztiklimit likes this